Black & white will always be a classic; a colour combination that isn’t dictated to by changing seasons, it has a timeless, elegant appeal. Fresh, modern updates of this stylish palette have continued to feature on runways this season and it was a key look at Maison et Objet. Read on to find out what we could offer you to create the perfect monochromatic scheme.
Black and white often gets a bad rap. Despite its virtues, monochrome is often seen as cold and uninviting when used in interiors, and perhaps best reserved for commercial spaces such as art galleries and minimalist hotels. Living with a monochrome palette may not be to everyone’s taste, but with careful design, monochrome schemes can be just as pleasing to the eye as colour; delivering striking contrast, richness and warmth through elements such as architectural features, luxurious textures, couture detailing, strong print and a touch of colour.
With careful design, monochrome schemes can be just as pleasing to the eye as colour
- LUCCA (Ø90,60cm Sintered Stone, Gold Set-of-2) Coffee TablesSpecial Price RM2,318.00 Regular Price RM2,770.00
- KATJA II (120x60cm Smoke Glass, Gold) Coffee TableSpecial Price RM786.00 Regular Price RM998.00
- EVANNA III (Ø95cm - Glass Top, Rose Gold) Coffee TableSpecial Price RM1,285.00 Regular Price RM1,650.00
- EVANNA II (Ø95cm - Glass Top, Rose Gold) Coffee TableSpecial Price RM1,285.00 Regular Price RM1,650.00
- CAELIA IV (Ø80,Ø60cm Set-of-2 Ceramic, Gold) Nesting Coffee Tables with 1 DrawerSpecial Price RM1,088.00 Regular Price RM1,582.00
- OLUCE ♦ (150x40cm Lasered Natural Stone) Console TableSpecial Price RM2,995.00 Regular Price RM3,996.00
- ERLIN II (150cm Ceramic - Black) Console Table with StorageSpecial Price RM1,088.00 Regular Price RM1,360.00
The key to creating a successful monochrome interior is allowing one colour to be the dominant partner in proportion to the other. It ensures the palette is more comfortable on the eye and will produce a more balanced space.
- KAMRON+ (Ø137cm Gold, Faux Marble) Dining Table with Lazy Susan (PG SHOWPIECE x1)Special Price RM2,999.00 Regular Price RM7,560.00
- ALDEAN (130x81->Ø130cm Ceramic) Expandable Dining TableSpecial Price RM1,970.00 Regular Price RM4,140.00
- CELORIER (Ø130cm Ceramic, Matte Rose Gold) Dining Table with Lazy SusanSpecial Price RM2,355.00 Regular Price RM3,209.00
- TULIP+ IV (Ø80cm Faux Marble, SS304 Gold) Tea TableSpecial Price RM1,445.00 Regular Price RM1,900.00
- KAMRON+ (Ø137cm Gold, Faux Marble) Dining Table with Lazy SusanSpecial Price RM6,146.00 Regular Price RM7,560.00
The absence of colour can provide a beautiful route to a calm and restful interior
- EMS RIBBED III (Faux Leather) High Back Executive ChairSpecial Price RM0.00 Regular Price RM630.00
Use neutral accents to layer the space against a black and white background. This works particularly well in bedrooms and living spaces where a subtler palette may be required to achieve a calming atmosphere.
custom upholstery, multi sizes.
selected models only*
- NAHLA II (80cm Ceramic) Vanity Set with Rect. LED Mirror & PoufSpecial Price RM447.00 Regular Price RM535.00
- NERINA II (180x90cm Lasered Natural Stone) Dining TableSpecial Price RM3,109.00 Regular Price RM3,960.00
The epitome of classic chic
When it comes to design, keeping it simple is often key to achieving an elegant finish. With careful consideration, teaming black and white can have a stunning effect, and is the epitome of classic chic.